The reality is: natural hair is prone to dryness, and dryness leads to breakage. For this reason, maintaining the hair’s moisture balance is critical to length retention and a healthy growth journey. Here are a few tips on maintaining moisture:
- Drink Water. Ever noticed how hydrated your skin and hair are when you drink 8 or more glasses of water every day? DRINK YOUR WATER! When your body is healthy and hydrated it shows in your hair and scalp.
- Wash your hair. Being consistent with your wash days over time helps to build the hair’s moisture content, resulting in increased softness, elasticity, shine, less frizz, more curl definition, and less shedding during detangling. So when you’re not wearing protective styles do yourself a favor and wash your hair every 1-2 weeks. This is self-care at its finest. Try using Kaleidoscope Therapeutic Shampoo, The Anser 5-in-1 Reconstructor, and Therapeutic Conditioner for the perfect Wash Day system.
- Seal in the moisture. After shampooing and conditioning your hair seal in the moisture using the L.O.C. moisture retention system:
- Leave-In. Mist your hair with Kaleidoscope Miracle Shake to condition the dry hair, reduce frizz and provide slip to protect the hair against breakage for detangling.
- Oil. Use Miracle Drops, Miracle Drops Extra Strength or Miracle Drops Coconut to nourishing the scalp and support growth while sealing in moisture to the hair.
- Cream. Use Unikorn Curl Cream to help lock in the hair’s moisture while defining curls.